Old February 24th 13, 01:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default U*nexplained ribbon change

When I installed Excel 2010, I found Home Styles Cell style
presented me with default cell colors for four types of cells: Normal,
Good, Bad, Neutral.

Today that color display has disappeared, collapsed into the Styles
button. If I expand the button I can see the missing display. How can
I get it back on the ribbon? To the best of my knowledge, I haven't
changed anything.

Dick

Old February 24th 13, 02:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 06:21:31 -0800, CellShocked
<[email protected] org wrote:

Just found your problem.

The new package (2010) AND 2013 AUTO-Sizes the ribbon.

So, IF you maximize the window, it will likely re-appear.
I found this as my 2013 install also has your dialogs missing.

UNTILL I stretched the window across my screen ad they started popping
into their old familiar places.

So stretch your window or maximize it.

It's already maziimized.

Removing ribbon elements you do
not use much also leaves those elements you do often use remaining.

I shouldn't have to remove anything as the cell styles were displayed
with all the elements currently on the ribbon.
Old February 24th 13, 02:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 06:36:02 -0800, CellShocked
<[email protected] org wrote:

Given that I haven't done anything to the window width, where did they
go?

Apparently, there are more ribbon elements than in the previous
version.

There is no previous version involved. I've been using 2010 for months
and the cell styles have been displayed. I didn't upgrade anything.

I think you can shuffle the element positions. Turning OFF those
elements you do not use helps as well. They refer to it as
"customization".

You remove commands you do not use. That parses the ribbon elements
down, and yours are more likely to be visible again.

As I said earleir, the cell styles have been displayed with the ribbon
elements as they are. The styles literally disappeared overnight.