Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] infodex@mindspring.com is offline

Default U*nexplained ribbon change

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 06:08:26 -0800, CellShocked
<cellshocked@thecellvalueattheendofthespreadsheet. org wrote:

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 08:52:09 -0500, wrote:

When I installed Excel 2010, I found Home Styles Cell style
presented me with default cell colors for four types of cells: Normal,
Good, Bad, Neutral.

Today that color display has disappeared, collapsed into the Styles
button. If I expand the button I can see the missing display. How can
I get it back on the ribbon? To the best of my knowledge, I haven't
changed anything.

Dick

Right click on the bar at the bottom of the styles tab and select
"customize the ribbon".

In that, you select "main tabs" and then "home" and "styles", and then
select the commands you want added.

If the color boxes are there in that list, they will then appear when
you check them.

That's not the problem. The colored tabs used to appera by default now
they don't. I didin't add anything that oulwd have made them go away.
Yesterday they were there, today they are not.

I did fiddle with some desktop properties (icon size, spacing, label
size). Does that have any effect on applications?