Old July 31st 13, 12:20 PM
Junior Member

Default Text overlap and blank cells

Can I make text flow over cells that are blank visually, but contain formulae?

I have an “If” formula that gives the month or nothing (=IF(MONTH(G3)<MONTH(F3),(G3),""). It shows the beginning of each month above a long row of dates and is 'blank' otherwise.

I want the text to flow over adjacent cells, which are very narrow as they are part of a Gantt chart.

I understand that text overlaps blank cells, but it seems not to if the cells have a formula but are visually blank. Is there a way to make “blank” (meaning showing nothing) act like and “blank” (meaning empty cell)?

Last edited by Jaqcov : August 2nd 13 at 10:12 AM Reason: To make problem clearer when browsing topics