Old January 28th 11, 10:40 AM
Junior Member

Default Force text to overlap

Please can someone tell me how to force text in a cell to overlap the one to its left and the one to its right? This text is centre aligned and there is data in the two cells either side of it. However, i want the text in the centre cell to show over the other two cells. I can't change the size of the cells or the size of the text.

Any ideas?

Old February 24th 11, 03:28 AM
Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aled Davies View Post
Please can someone tell me how to force text in a cell to overlap the one to its left and the one to its right? This text is centre aligned and there is data in the two cells either side of it. However, i want the text in the centre cell to show over the other two cells. I can't change the size of the cells or the size of the text.

Any ideas?

Dear Aled, Good Evening.

If you can't change the size of the cells or the size of the text, then what you desire is not possible.
__________________
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Marcilio Lob„o
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Old March 4th 11, 12:10 AM
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aled Davies View Post
Please can someone tell me how to force text in a cell to overlap the one to its left and the one to its right? This text is centre aligned and there is data in the two cells either side of it. However, i want the text in the centre cell to show over the other two cells. I can't change the size of the cells or the size of the text.

Any ideas?
Excel won't overlap a cell that contains any data, so the only suggestion I could make is to put your text into a textbox instead. You could even go so far as to assign a macro to the worksheet so that when your middle cell's value changes, it updates the text box automatically for you.