-   -   Text overlap and blank cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/449072-text-overlap-blank-cells.html)

Jaqcov

Text overlap and blank cells

Can I make text flow over cells that are blank visually, but contain formulae?

I have an “If” formula that gives the month or nothing (=IF(MONTH(G3)<MONTH(F3),(G3),""). It shows the beginning of each month above a long row of dates and is 'blank' otherwise.

I want the text to flow over adjacent cells, which are very narrow as they are part of a Gantt chart.

I understand that text overlaps blank cells, but it seems not to if the cells have a formula but are visually blank. Is there a way to make “blank” (meaning showing nothing) act like and “blank” (meaning empty cell)?