Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula Help: Add cells with certain text + cells that are blank

I know this is easier than I'm making it out to be - It's got to be!

I need to count cells in a column only if they are blank or if they contain
a specified text (in this case, it happens to be "N/A").

What formula do I use?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There may be easier ways, but in an adjacent cell, click, Insert then
Function, then Countblank, a dialog box will appear. Select the range of
cells and the formula will return your blanks. Subtract the number of blank
cells from the total and it will give you the number of "N/A" cells.