Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Overlap Cells Vertically without Merging

WITHOUT MERGING THE CELLS:- I want to :
VERTICALLY, over the space of lets say about 20 cells, (I will Color that
Area of 20 Cellsin one color) I want to write a long sentence (in One Cell)
and have THAT text over lap all the other 19 cells. NO TEXT will be written
in ANY of those other 19 Cells.
Is that Possible?
Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No. Although text can overlap other empty cells on the same row (i.e.
horizontally), you can not do this vertically.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 8, 8:59*am, Muffi Zainu
wrote:
WITHOUT MERGING THE CELLS:- I want to :
VERTICALLY, over the space of lets say about 20 cells, (I will Color that
Area of 20 Cellsin one color) I want to write a long sentence (in One Cell)
and have THAT text over lap all the other 19 cells. NO TEXT will be written
in ANY of those other 19 Cells.
Is that Possible?
Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Muffi
In the case where the cell containing the text is the left-most cell:

With the cell format 'Text Wrap' option disabled
-and-
If all of the adjoining cells are all empty
-and-
the cell containing the text is left justified,
the content of the first cell should spill out over the adjoining cells.

If there is any thing at all in any of the adjoining cells, the text will
cease to be displayed when it reaches the left side of the cell that contains
the entry. Don't think there is a way to override this, but you could look
into using a Text Box.