Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Time with the push of one button

Hi all, just wondering if it is possible to enter the time in a cell with
only pushing one button. I know I can use ctrl+shift+: to enter the time, but
someone told me there is a way to enter the time with only 1 button.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Sub NOWTIME()
ActiveCell.Value = Format(Now(), "h:mm:ss AM/PM")
End Sub

Assign to a button on your toolbar.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 07:35:22 -0700, Dale G
wrote:

Hi all, just wondering if it is possible to enter the time in a cell with
only pushing one button. I know I can use ctrl+shift+: to enter the time, but
someone told me there is a way to enter the time with only 1 button.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I'm using Vista, & office 2007. I don't know where the toolbar is for excel.
I see internet explorer has a toolbar, is that it? I use, Custom h:mm;@ or
Time 13:30.
could you please assist me with the location of the toolbar and setup for
use in excel 2007.

wrote:

Hi all, just wondering if it is possible to enter the time in a cell with
only pushing one button. I know I can use ctrl+shift+: to enter the time, but
someone told me there is a way to enter the time with only 1 button.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I'll have to turn you over to one of the people who use Excel 2007.

Someone will jump in to lead you to a method of adding a button to the QAT

Gord

wrote:

Hi all, just wondering if it is possible to enter the time in a cell with
only pushing one button. I know I can use ctrl+shift+: to enter the time, but
someone told me there is a way to enter the time with only 1 button.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Not quite.

You could enter a value by selecting (with the arrow keys or by the mouse) a
cell.

You could enter a value by making a change (F2, enter is enough) to that cell.

You could enter a value by rightclicking or doubleclicking on that cell.

But if you just want to enter the time in a cell, hit:
ctrl-:
(control shift semicolon)

I think it's the easiest.