Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pugsly8422

Default Push button paste special?

I have a worksheet with thousands of formulas. I've been having to copy the
results from one worksheet, and use paste special to put only the results on
another page. This is eating up a large amount of my time. I heard someone
mention something about creating a "push button" or shortcut so you can do it
faster. Is this possible? If so, how would I do this?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
C01d

What is your intention for creating the button? If it is simply to run
Paste Special with the Values Only option, then perhaps you could
explore the option of using keyboard shortcuts instead.

Ctrl+C allows you to copy a range of cells. The shortcut Alt+E followed
by Alt+S opens the paste special dialog box. With the dialog box open,
hit Alt+V followed by Enter to paste values only.

Hope this helps.

--
C01d
C01d's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34422

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Abhishek kedia

u can create a macro like

Sub cut_paste()
'
' cut_paste Macro
' Macro recorded 07/06/2006 by Administrator
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+A
'
Selection.Copy
Range("D10").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub
"C01d" wrote:

What is your intention for creating the button? If it is simply to run
Paste Special with the Values Only option, then perhaps you could
explore the option of using keyboard shortcuts instead.

Ctrl+C allows you to copy a range of cells. The shortcut Alt+E followed
by Alt+S opens the paste special dialog box. With the dialog box open,
hit Alt+V followed by Enter to paste values only.

Hope this helps.

--
C01d
C01d's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34422
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=549467

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Johnson

Hi pugsly,

Copy a cell then start the macro recorder to record the usual Paste
Special Values steps.
In the dialog that appears when you start the recorder assign the paste
short cut key combination Ctrl + v.
You can then use that recorded macro with the usual paste shortcut for
pasting to paste only the values for that workbook.

Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

How about just adding another icon to your favorite toolbar.

Tools|Customize|commands tab|edit category
scroll down the right hand side and drag "paste values" to that favorite
toolbar.