Kevin

Default Paste Special Question

Hi,

I am pasting cells from a worksheet from one xls file into another xls file.

After I paste the cells, the formulas reference the source xls file. Is
there a way to "Paste Special" to keep the formulas, but NOT include the xls
referenced file name?

Example Formula: ='Show Approval'!L51

Current Result of Paste: ='[SourceFile.xls]Show Approval'!L51

After paste, I want the formula to remain as: ='Show Approval'!L51

Thank you!
PQ

I had a file that for some reason wanted to look in a
temp file for the links and I solved it by using this:
Try highlighting the columns and use replace option
Find:[SourceFile.xls]
Replace: (leave this blank)
Hit Replace all
Hope it works for you. You may want to make a back up
before doing this.
I am pasting cells from a worksheet from one xls file

into another xls file.

After I paste the cells, the formulas reference the

source xls file. Is
there a way to "Paste Special" to keep the formulas, but

NOT include the xls
referenced file name?

Example Formula: ='Show Approval'!L51

Current Result of Paste: ='[SourceFile.xls]Show

Approval'!L51

After paste, I want the formula to remain as: ='Show

Approval'!L51

Thank you!
.

Dave Peterson

One more way that may work.

change your formulas to text
copy|paste as text
change your text back to formulas (in both workbooks)

I like to select my range
edit|replace
what: = (equal sign)
with: $$$$$$ (some unique string, not used)
replace all

copy|paste

Edit|Replace
what: $$$$$ (that unique string)