PhilGTI

Default Paste a chart as a link?

Can you paste a chart as a link within the same workbook?
I have a large workbook, with a different worksheet for each location. Each
of these worksheets has a large data range which I add to each month. Next
to the data range I have a corresponding chart. This makes it easy to update
the chart each month, by dragging the color-coded range for the entire data
series. What I need to do is display all of the charts together in one
worksheet. Ive tried moving them all to a separate worksheet, but then its
difficult to update them. (no more color ranges) Is there an easier way to
do this? Im using an older version of excel, 97.

Bernard Liengme

The easier way would be to use a dynamic chart.
One way to do this is shown at
http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/E...ps/Dynamic.htm
Make you chart on the same sheet as the data, and then use Cut and Paste to
put it with others on a separate worksheet. Better yet, put all the charts
on a Chartsheet.

best wishes

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"PhilGTI" wrote in message
Can you paste a chart as a link within the same workbook?
I have a large workbook, with a different worksheet for each location.
Each
of these worksheets has a large data range which I add to each month.
Next
to the data range I have a corresponding chart. This makes it easy to
update
the chart each month, by dragging the color-coded range for the entire
data
series. What I need to do is display all of the charts together in one
worksheet. I've tried moving them all to a separate worksheet, but then
it's
difficult to update them. (no more color ranges) Is there an easier way
do this? I'm using an older version of excel, 97.

Jon Peltier

Phil -

Now that you see the technique, the possibilities are only limited by your ability
to imagine an appropriate dynamic formula.

This link shows a formula that will always show the latest twelve months in a data
range:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicLast12.html

- Jon
-------