Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Push/Pull for Pop3

I am trying to access my email from a program I am writing that doesn't poll
exchange. Is this how outlook does it?

It seems that when Outlook gets mail it only gets the newer mail to display
and doesn't display the entire list each time an email arrives. When
outlook starts it has to display the whole list but then it seems to only
add in the new mail as it is delivered.

Is it doing some type of event where Exchange push the data to it when it
shows up? Or does Outlook doing some type of polling every couple of
seconds to get the data?

I don't really want to have my program poll if there is there is some type
of event I can attach to to get the new mail when it gets here.

Thanks,

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Dave F" wrote in message
This is a newsgroup for Excel, not Outlook. Please post your question to
the
appropriate newsgroup.

Your right.

I just saw that. Actually I want to put it in the Exchange group.

Thanks,

Tom

Dave