Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I change hyperlink targets in a group of fields at once?

I have a column with 100+ rows where every quarter I change the target of
hyperlinks in each field

example

Column A all the hyperlinks go to the same row in another sheet and each
quarter I add a new column and have to redirect all the old fields to the new
column

can I change all the hyperlinks to reflect the new Column (N34 to O34) all
at once?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You might try using the Hyperlink Worksheet Function, then
you should be able to change the formulas from the formula view.

Another possibility would be to use VLOOKUP with more
complicated formulas including the HYPERLINK Worksheet Formula
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/vlookup.htm
don't think there are any specific examples for that on the page, but
it should be possible to concoct something along those lines,
it would not be as efficient as just using either form of a hyperlink.
---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Kurk" wrote in message ...
I have a column with 100+ rows where every quarter I change the target of
hyperlinks in each field

example

Column A all the hyperlinks go to the same row in another sheet and each
quarter I add a new column and have to redirect all the old fields to the new
column

can I change all the hyperlinks to reflect the new Column (N34 to O34) all
at once?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
lk lk is offline

Highlight the column, go to Edit Replace, enter the old link in the Find
box, the new name in the Replace box, then Replace (or Replace All!).

I don't think Edit Links will work since it will change all the old file
names - but it may be worth looking at too.

"Kurk" wrote:

I have a column with 100+ rows where every quarter I change the target of
hyperlinks in each field

example

Column A all the hyperlinks go to the same row in another sheet and each
quarter I add a new column and have to redirect all the old fields to the new
column

can I change all the hyperlinks to reflect the new Column (N34 to O34) all
at once?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It's not a formula, it's a hyperlink to another page in the database, the
link grabs the info from another page and shows it on a summary page, there
is also a link that if clicked, sends the user to the page and field where
the info is grabbed from....

"Kurk" wrote:

I have a column with 100+ rows where every quarter I change the target of
hyperlinks in each field

example

Column A all the hyperlinks go to the same row in another sheet and each
quarter I add a new column and have to redirect all the old fields to the new
column

can I change all the hyperlinks to reflect the new Column (N34 to O34) all
at once?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Look up HYperlink Worksheet Function in your HELP
some examples in
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc2.htm
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sheets.htm
---