Old December 17th 04, 08:23 AM
Samad

Default Moving rows with Hyperlink doesn't move hyperlink address

When I Hyperlink cells to another sheet's cell and when I move data to other
row/ column or I insert rows/column it does not move hyperlinked address.

Can anyone advice me how to move hyperlink address with insert/move
rows/column/cells.
Thanks

Old December 17th 04, 10:23 AM
Frank Kabel

Hi
the HYPERLINK always refers the cell position but not the content of this
cell. So you can't do it this way

Old December 17th 04, 10:35 AM
Samad

Thanks Frank, but the problem is when I insert row I have to change all
hyperlink of the worksheet, can you suggest another way to link.

Old December 17th 04, 11:01 AM
Frank Kabel

Hi
I'd guess you use the function 'Insert - Hyperlink' for your link. If you
could provide some more details what you exactly try to link there may be an
option to use the hYPERLINK formula instead.
Provide some example data for your linked sheet

Old December 17th 04, 11:33 AM
Samad

Ok Now I'm trying to give some example,
Sheet-A
Description Amount
------------ ----------
Loan to Staff 25,000
Advances to others 40,000

Sheet-B
Loan to Staff
---------------
Person-A 10,000
Person-B 15,000
---------
25,000
----------
Advances to others
----------------------
Item A 15,000
Item B 25,000
-------
40,000
---------
I want to hyperlink both descriptions in Sheet A to see detail, but when I
insert rows between the details of sheet B, it should be change hyperlink
address according to rows inserted so that I could insert new item.
but in result I have to change all hyperlink cell addresses.
I hope this example will clear the picture in your mind & I'll get your
valuable advice.
Thanks

Old December 17th 04, 12:35 PM
Frank Kabel

Hi
sorry, timed out session. This is the correct post:
-----

Hi
on sheet-A instead of the text Advances to others enter the following formula:
=HYPERLINK("#'sheet-B'!A" & MATCH("Advances to
others",'Sheet-B'!A1:A1000,0),"Advances to others")

and similar for Loan to Staff:
=HYPERLINK("#'sheet-B'!A" & MATCH("Loan to
Staff",'Sheet-B'!A1:A1000,0),"Loan to Staff")

Old December 18th 04, 12:37 AM

You could define a range name, then link to that.

Give Sheet1!C17 a nice range name.

Then you can link to that defined name (insert|hyperlink has an option for Place
in this document).

Or you could use a worksheet formula:
=HYPERLINK("#testname1")

Old February 27th 06, 10:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim

Hyperlinking to a range name works great until you sort the spreadsheet. Is
there any way to make range names that stay in tact when sorted?
--
Jim in MD