Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Importing multiple .txt files in a directory

Hi All

I have looked at, and tried many variants of this from google searches, but none thus far do what it is i'm looking to do.

I recall seeing something similar to what I am hoping to achieve, but for the life of me, I can't remember where or when.

All the text files have the same "," delimitation and the data structures are identical, there will be as many as a 100 files in the folder.

Ideally the code will loop through each file, then copy/append the data into Sheets("Import") starting at Row(2)

I will then add the code to move all the copied files into a new "Folder:\\Processed Files" so the main folder will always be empty for the daily Rinse/Repeat.

As always, many thanks in advanced for your time.

Cheers
Mark.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi All

I have looked at, and tried many variants of this from google searches, but
none thus far do what it is i'm looking to do.

I recall seeing something similar to what I am hoping to achieve, but for the
life of me, I can't remember where or when.

All the text files have the same "," delimitation and the data structures are
identical, there will be as many as a 100 files in the folder.

Ideally the code will loop through each file, then copy/append the data into
Sheets("Import") starting at Row(2)

I will then add the code to move all the copied files into a new
"Folder:\\Processed Files" so the main folder will always be empty for the
daily Rinse/Repeat.

As always, many thanks in advanced for your time.

Cheers
Mark.

Hi Mark,
Can you provide a sample file AND the File Explorer Address to your network
share? A sample of the target worksheet headings (row1 fieldnames) will also be
helpful!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Garry

Thanks for your time.

Apparently, this is not going ahead, due to the fact the person who asked for it, didn't bother to tell me, all the files are actually PDF's, not CSV's, so no stress anymore.

I even thought about there being a way to do the same for these, and there is, sadly though <sigh, the company I.T. gestapo, won't give me access to the PDF libraries.

In the end, I just shrug and walk away as it's not work the brain hemorrhage.

Cheers
Mark.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Garry

Thanks for your time.

Apparently, this is not going ahead, due to the fact the person who asked for
it, didn't bother to tell me, all the files are actually PDF's, not CSV's, so
no stress anymore.

I even thought about there being a way to do the same for these, and there
is, sadly though <sigh, the company I.T. gestapo, won't give me access to
the PDF libraries.

In the end, I just shrug and walk away as it's not work the brain hemorrhage.

Cheers
Mark.

No surprise there! Regardless, the source files the PDFs were created from
should work. Or.. they could be coverted to txt files.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Garry

100% agree. I did see some nifty code to extract the raw data from PDF, which is why I went to I.T. for access to the Acrobat Libraries.

In-as-much-as, I fully appreciate they're likely pigeon-holed with guidelines and policy, but i'm also leaning toward there being a plausible smattering of narcissistic joy!!

It's times like this, I question if they're on the same side of improvement & innovation when it comes to data management.

Thanks again for your time and thoughts.

Cheers
Mark.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Garry

100% agree. I did see some nifty code to extract the raw data from PDF, which
is why I went to I.T. for access to the Acrobat Libraries.

In-as-much-as, I fully appreciate they're likely pigeon-holed with guidelines
and policy, but i'm also leaning toward there being a plausible smattering of
narcissistic joy!!

It's times like this, I question if they're on the same side of improvement &
innovation when it comes to data management.

Thanks again for your time and thoughts.

Cheers
Mark.

IT people in general are rather stiff-necked about everything, pretty much. If
the data you're after was printed to PDF from a text editor or word processor
or whatever utility app then you could just use a PDF converter to revert that.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 10:16:40 AM UTC-7, GS wrote:
[...]

My utility, PDF Architect, does a credible job of converting PDF's to text, word, excel, Image, HTML...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

[...]

Yes, I have this (and others)!