Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default importing files from a directory

I would like to be able to import the data from every file in a directory.

example c:/testdirectory

files in testdirectory
file1.xls
file2.xls
file3.xls

i understand how to import a single file manually.

I however want to be able to import every file in the directory regardless
of the number of xls files? Can you make an import..... "file*.xls" command?
i would like to do this in a macro and or when the compiled xls worksheet is
opened.

the data in each file maybe of variable length. I want the data to be
appended to the data already in the file that im importing to.

thanks for your help in advance,
dr chuck
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

dr chuck,
Maybe try out the free Excel add-in "List Files".
It is limited to a maximum list of ~ 65000 files.
It hyperlinks each file name to the file and can append
successive file lists to the previous list.
Download from... http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA