Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dr chuck dr chuck is offline

Default importing files from a directory

thank you.. will check these out.
--
dr chuck

"Jim Cone" wrote:

dr chuck,
Maybe try out the free Excel add-in "List Files".
It is limited to a maximum list of ~ 65000 files.
It hyperlinks each file name to the file and can append
successive file lists to the previous list.
Download from... http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"dr chuck" wrote in message ...
I would like to be able to import the data from every file in a directory.

example c:/testdirectory

files in testdirectory
file1.xls
file2.xls
file3.xls

i understand how to import a single file manually.

I however want to be able to import every file in the directory regardless
of the number of xls files? Can you make an import..... "file*.xls" command?
i would like to do this in a macro and or when the compiled xls worksheet is
opened.

the data in each file maybe of variable length. I want the data to be
appended to the data already in the file that im importing to.

thanks for your help in advance,
dr chuck