Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How can i handle more than 65000 rows in excel

Hi,
I have written Some macros in Business objects to export to exce
sheet ..How can i handle if the output exceeds 65000 rows ..

This is the code we use in BO , But how can i handel i mean openin
workbook and sheet ..like that ..to split into sheets if it exceed
65000 and put it another one in the same workbook . Thank

--
ps
psk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1573

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If BO can be exported as a *.txt file.......

Importing text files larger than 65536 rows

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=120596

But, you may want to look at another application for that much data.

Access comes to mind.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 17:06:17 -0600, psk
wrote:

Hi,
I have written Some macros in Business objects to export to excel
sheet ..How can i handle if the output exceeds 65000 rows ..

This is the code we use in BO , But how can i handel i mean opening
workbook and sheet ..like that ..to split into sheets if it exceeds
65000 and put it another one in the same workbook . Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The best way that I know of to make Excel get around the 65,000 row limit is
to dump the output into Access or something similar and then to either:

-query a result set into excel

-or to use a pivot table externally linked to the data. (I have
successfully linked to over 650,000 records in an Excel pivot table with
remarkably good performance)

"psk" wrote:

Hi,
I have written Some macros in Business objects to export to excel
sheet ..How can i handle if the output exceeds 65000 rows ..

This is the code we use in BO , But how can i handel i mean opening
workbook and sheet ..like that ..to split into sheets if it exceeds
65000 and put it another one in the same workbook . Thanks

--
psk
psk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15738
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=274369

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi psk,

I do NOT know about "Business Objects" but in Excel you could use something like :-

If N = 65001 Then

N = 1

ActiveCell.Offset(-65000, 1).Select

Hope this Helps.