Jake Clark

Default How to get more than 65000 rows in and excel spreadsheet

I am importing data into an excell spreadsheet that has 100,000 + records,
how do I expand on the 65,356 record limit that I see in Excell?
Bob Umlas

Wait for Excel 12! Over 1,000,000 rows, Seriously, there's no way to expand
this. It's fixed in stone and is always 65536. However, you can read records
in thru VBA code and break it onto new worksheets when you reach the limit,
but NOT by doing File/Open.

"Jake Clark" <Jake wrote in message
I am importing data into an excell spreadsheet that has 100,000 + records,
how do I expand on the 65,356 record limit that I see in Excell?

Jonathan Cooper

You can't.

However, if your using the "import external data" option. you might be able
to setup a pivot table that imports external data. This way you wont have to
actually import the data into excel, but can use the pivot table to summarize
the data you want.

"Jake Clark" wrote:

I am importing data into an excell spreadsheet that has 100,000 + records,
how do I expand on the 65,356 record limit that I see in Excell?

Tomasz Klim

I had the same problem. The easiest solution is to move "historical" entries
to another speadsheet - so you will have =2 spreadsheets:

1. Current
2. History 1
3. History 2
etc.

IMHO it's much easier than pivot table - especially if you have existing
macros in VBA.

Użytkownik "Jonathan Cooper"
napisał w wiadomo¶ci