Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default clicking on an image

Hello,
I am not sure if this is possible but I just want to know.
I am trying to write an excel macro with which I should be able to
insert an image (gray scale - gif) into a sheet and then comes the hard
part:
I should be able to move the mouse over the image and when I click on a
specific location on the image, I should get the pixel coordinates(X,Y)
stored in another sheet. I am basically trying to trace out some
specific features in the image files that I have. Please let me know how
to approach this problem. Thanks for your help.

Srikanth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could try using an Image control and loading up your image in this?
The use the image controls mousdown event to get your values

eg
Private Sub Image1_MouseDown(ByVal Button As Integer, ByVal Shift A
Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single)
With Worksheets("Sheet2")
.Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0) = X
.Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0) = Y
End With
End Sub

Srikanth Ganesan Wrote:
Hello,
I am not sure if this is possible but I just want to know.
I am trying to write an excel macro with which I should be able to
insert an image (gray scale - gif) into a sheet and then comes th
hard
part:
I should be able to move the mouse over the image and when I click o
specific location on the image, I should get the pixe
coordinates(X,Y)
stored in another sheet. I am basically trying to trace out some
specific features in the image files that I have. Please let me kno
how
to approach this problem. Thanks for your help.

Srikanth

Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it

--
Ivan F Moal

Ivan F Moala's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=195
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27347