Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel

Default Image set transparent becomes opaque on clicking it

I have a Gif image and to try making it clickable I placed the Excel
Image Control on top of a specific part of the image I want to make
clickable and set the backstyle to Transparent for the the Excel Image
control (Image1). So far so good I have created a device handler to
throw a messagebox for the Image1_Click event handler when I click the
Image it turns opaque I am setting even explicitly

Image1.BackStyle = fmBackStyleTransparent

in the Image1 click event and despite it the Image still remains
opaque.

This is driving me nuts not sure where I am missing something please
help.

Thanks
Simon
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel

An image control seems like overkill for this functionality. why not just
draw a transparent rectangle (from the drawing toolbar) on your image and
map a macro to its click event.

Tom Ogilvy

om...