John Davies

Default transparent

I have a combo box that I have set the back style properties to be
transparent so that if I dont click on the combo box the cells underneath
should show through but they don't as the combo box shows as white and not
tgransparent.

Any clues please?
Thanks
Jim Rech

I find that when I first place a combo box on a worksheet and change its
BackStyle to transparent it does become transparent. But after selecting an
item in the combo box it forgets it is transparent. This code, placed in
the sheet's module (right-click the worksheet tab and pick View Code), seems
to help it remember, at least most of the time:

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Select
ComboBox1.BackStyle = fmBackStyleOpaque
ComboBox1.BackStyle = fmBackStyleTransparent
End Sub

This assumes the combo box's name is ComboBox1. Change the sub's name
appropriately is that's not the case.
--
Jim