Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Export the worksheet background image as an image file - possible?

Windows 2000
Excel 2000
Export the worksheet background image as an image file - possible?

Hello all,

Goal: to export the image used in an Excel worksheet background as an
image file.
This is the image file used in FormatSheetBackground. The image I
want is embedded in a workbook
from some unknown person/source. So obviously I don't have access to
the original image file.
I am wondering if there is a way to extract the image file out the
Excel workbook it is
currently located in.

I have the following procedure that deletes the image, but what it
seems I need to do
is create the background image as an object and then export/save or
write this object
to a folder somewhere on my C:\ drive (desktop for example). This is
beyond my abilities with VBA and Excel.
Is what I am asking possible to do with VBA and Excel? I didn't find
anything after an extensive search
on microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you so much for any information or VBA example code you may
provide.

Tom

Sub BackgroundDelete()
'Deletes the image background of the active sheet
ActiveSheet.SetBackgroundPicture FileName:=""
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think this is a write-only property and is not exposed to VBA.

--

Vasant

"DataFreakFromUtah" wrote in message
om...
Windows 2000
Excel 2000
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If this is a one time deal,
Why not just turn off gridlines, select the cells that include the image,
then hold down the shift key and do Edit=Copy as Picture. Then paste into
a graphics program and save it.

Tom Ogilvy