Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to add icons in the Listview control

Hi,

I need to add icons in the listview. How do to this. Can any one hel
me out.

Also i need to place icons in Treeview control. I hope that the cod
should be more or less same for both controls.

I would appreciate if you send me some examples

Regards

Venkatesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1st thing:

include an ImageList in your app.
populate the imagelist manually or with code using stdole.

(the imagelist will hold all icons, but in 1 size only!)

now you can simply assign icons from the imagelist to your treeview.
(by name/index etc)

the imagelist itself shows as a block in designmode.
but is invisible at runtime.

now that you know what to look for..
search google on imagelist... plenty of examples..

keepITcool

kvenku wrote:

Hi,

I need to add icons in the listview. How do to this. Can any one help
me out.

Also i need to place icons in Treeview control. I hope that the code
should be more or less same for both controls.

I would appreciate if you send me some examples

Regards

Venkatesh.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yo Venkatesh.

As far a i know viwe tree gets it images from a Imagelist control of
the same form. Each node can choose a image from the control.

There must be loads of stuff on the web about this, google for VB
controls!

Good Luck
Ross.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
Thanks for the reply but you know that i added the images in th
Imagelist. Then when i open the property page(General tab) of Treevie
i could not find any imagelist in the Imagelist combo box. Even thou
have imagelist in the form.

Thats why i could not do any thing.

I don't see any properties in Listview to assign the imagelist contro
to listview as in Treeview. So how do i place icons in the listview.

Please do reply me with samples. I have acess to excelforum.co
alone..I could not browse any other internet site like google.com

Regards
venkatesh