Steve

Default When Excel workbook starts I want to ask a question first

Thanks for trying to help....
When a coworker opens an Excel file, I want Excel to first have the person
enter a number...
Once the number is entered, that number is matched from column A and the
sheet will only display the contents of that matched "row".
Am I making sense?
We just don't want to open the spreadsheet with all that data in thier face
and have them search for their own stats.
Again thanks!
L. Howard Kittle

Hi Steve,

Probably a couple of ways, depending on how the data is assembled. Perhaps
a combination of a drop-down list with the numbers and a vlookup formula.
Or a worksheet change event macro. One an auto open asking the user to
enter a number in A1 and a worksheet change event macro to display the data.

Mostly need to know the sheet configuration etc. I'd be glad to give it a
go if you would send me a sample worksheet.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Steve" wrote in message
Thanks for trying to help....
When a coworker opens an Excel file, I want Excel to first have the person
enter a number...
Once the number is entered, that number is matched from column A and the
sheet will only display the contents of that matched "row".
Am I making sense?
We just don't want to open the spreadsheet with all that data in thier
face
and have them search for their own stats.
Again thanks!

L. Howard Kittle

Hi Steve,

Great, you made it work. For fun I would like to see your solution. Just
to see if I was on the right track.

Regards,
Howard