Ellen

Default Problem using excel workbook in word mailmerge

I have not gotten any response from the word mailmerge topic so thought I'd
try here.

Problem running a mailmerge with an Excel workbook. Some of the worksheets
work, other worksheets bring up the select table a second time and it is
blank. There are worksheets for all 12 months. March, May, July, September
and November have this problem. The other months are fine. We can select
the 'May 05$' in the select table box, then it comes back a second time
blank. When we select the 'January 05$' table, the mailmerge is successful.

Why do some of the worksheets come up with the select table box a second time?

I contacted the originator of the excel workbook and here's what he said:

I created all the worksheets the same way. by copying the spreadsheet in the
tab labeled "List A-Odd Months" and pasted it into the actual month's tab.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Gord Dibben

Ellen

Check those worksheets for used range by hitting CTRL + END on each one.

If below and right of real used range, select all rows below your real range
and EditDeleteEntire row.

Same for columns to the right.

Save the workbook, close and re-open.

Try your mailmerge now.

For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source.

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

And a training tutorial for creating envelopes and labels.

http://office.microsoft.com/training...RC010390291033

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 2 May 2005 14:29:11 -0700, "Ellen"
wrote:

[...]

Ellen

Gord,

Thank you for the instructions. I sent them onto the person who contacted
me with this issue and it worked.

"Ellen" wrote:

[...]

Gord Dibben

Thanks for the feedback.

Always nice to hear if a suggestion works or not.

Gord