Graham

Default Using Excel workbook as data source for word mailmerge

I'm using a workbook of some 50 sheets as data source for mailmerge to word
document. Each worksheet needs to be a source for separate mailmerges. When I
try to alter data source , it ALWAYS goes to the first worksheet. How do I
force it to go to subsequent , or ideally, my preferred worksheet, as the
data source?
Using Word/Excel 2000 in Windows 98!
Many Thanks
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Define uour data tables as named ranges (I'm not sure about it, but maybe
you better avoid using dynamic named ranges).

Arvi Laanemets

"Graham" wrote in message
I'm using a workbook of some 50 sheets as data source for mailmerge to

word
document. Each worksheet needs to be a source for separate mailmerges.

When I
try to alter data source , it ALWAYS goes to the first worksheet. How do I
force it to go to subsequent , or ideally, my preferred worksheet, as the
data source?
Using Word/Excel 2000 in Windows 98!
Many Thanks

Gord Dibben

Graham

For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source.

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

Quote from the "CreateADataSource.htm" page.

I can only see the first worksheet of my Excel workbook when I open my Data
Source.

By default Word uses the DDE method to connect to Excel. In the Open Data
Source dialog box, check the “Select Method” option to view other methods.

Select Method Notes:
Excel files via ODBC: Named ranges are displayed by default. To specify a
worksheet, click Options and select System Tables.

Microsoft Excel Worksheet via Converter will convert your worksheet into a
Word document. If the file is saved in Word, it will permanently convert your
Excel workbook into a Word document. You will no longer be able to open this
file in Excel. Be cautious when using this method.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 01:41:04 -0800, Graham
wrote:

I'm using a workbook of some 50 sheets as data source for mailmerge to word
document. Each worksheet needs to be a source for separate mailmerges. When I
try to alter data source , it ALWAYS goes to the first worksheet. How do I
force it to go to subsequent , or ideally, my preferred worksheet, as the
data source?
Using Word/Excel 2000 in Windows 98!
Many Thanks

Graham

Thank you both for your replies. I've found the simplest way to get around
the problem is simply to drag my active sheet to the front of the workbook!
Provided I save the workbook before, then I can close it without saving
changes and my workbook reverts to normal position.( I have the sheets in a
specific order for other reasons!)

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Graham

For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source.

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

Quote from the "CreateADataSource.htm" page.

I can only see the first worksheet of my Excel workbook when I open my Data
Source.

By default Word uses the DDE method to connect to Excel. In the Open Data
Source dialog box, check the €śSelect Method€ť option to view other methods.