Steve

can send you an example... got mail?

"L. Howard Kittle" wrote:

Hi Steve,

Probably a couple of ways, depending on how the data is assembled. Perhaps
a combination of a drop-down list with the numbers and a vlookup formula.
Or a worksheet change event macro. One an auto open asking the user to
enter a number in A1 and a worksheet change event macro to display the data.

Mostly need to know the sheet configuration etc. I'd be glad to give it a
go if you would send me a sample worksheet.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Steve" wrote in message
Thanks for trying to help....
When a coworker opens an Excel file, I want Excel to first have the person
enter a number...
Once the number is entered, that number is matched from column A and the
sheet will only display the contents of that matched "row".
Am I making sense?
We just don't want to open the spreadsheet with all that data in thier
face
and have them search for their own stats.
Again thanks!