Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 - Can't scroll thru worksheet

How do I fix the problem of not being able to scroll with a mouse in a
worksheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Exactly what do you mean - the scroll bars no longer work? you don't see
scroll bars? You can use the mouse wheel?

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"aadmora" wrote:

How do I fix the problem of not being able to scroll with a mouse in a
worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What I mean is that my mouse wheel isn't working to scroll thru a worksheet.
My scroll bars function fine. When I try to scroll thru a worksheet using
the mouse wheel it doesn't work. Interestingly, my mouse wheel works if I
want to scroll down a list of options from a menu bar item. My mouse wheel
also works in Excel 2003. However, my mouse wheel isn't allowing me to
scroll when I open any worksheet in Excel 2007. Any suggestions?

"aadmora" wrote:

How do I fix the problem of not being able to scroll with a mouse in a
worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sue Sue is offline

Has anyone worked this out, it is driving me mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"aadmora" wrote:

How do I fix the problem of not being able to scroll with a mouse in a
worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Frozen Panes?

ScrollArea is set in VBA?

More details please and what have you tried to correct the problem.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"aadmora" wrote:

How do I fix the problem of not being able to scroll with a mouse in a
worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Add me to the mix...I'm having the same problem...can scroll directly on the
screen but cannot use the mouse scroll and everything else within scrolls
with the mouse when using a drop down and use, I'm using Excel 2007.

HELP!

Looks like no one knows how to fix since this has been going on since 2008!

Harriet

"aadmora" wrote:

How do I fix the problem of not being able to scroll with a mouse in a
worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sue Sue is offline

Add me as well, surely someone knows the key to this problem,
please!!!!!!!!!!! It is driving me around the bend as I use spreadsheets
everyday for work!

"aadmora" wrote:

How do I fix the problem of not being able to scroll with a mouse in a
worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sue,
Did you get an answer? What I did was removed the microsoft office 2007
software and then downloaded it back on my computer. It is working and I
feel great. I tryed everthing and this was the only thing that worked!!!!
ACE

"aadmora" wrote:

How do I fix the problem of not being able to scroll with a mouse in a
worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I tried uninstalling office 2007, deleting the Excel Folder under the local
Documents and Settings and Programs Folder, and reinstalling office 2007 but
this did not resolve the problem. It also happens only in Excel, works fine
in all other applications. All spreadsheets affected. WinXP SP3, Office
2007 SP2.

"aadmora" wrote:

How do I fix the problem of not being able to scroll with a mouse in a
worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Go to the controlpanel
Mouse settings
Wheel: uncheck universal scroll and check the one for MS Office 97

This will make the scroll work in excel again :-)

(sorry about my bad english. Not sure how to translate from my norwegian
verson)

aadmora skrev:

How do I fix the problem of not being able to scroll with a mouse in a
worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Connie,
We had this same problem in our office when upgrading to Office 2007. Any pc
that had a lenovo or ibm mouse had to be changed out with an hp or another
brand mouse and it fixed all our machines.
Lisa

"aadmora" wrote:

How do I fix the problem of not being able to scroll with a mouse in a
worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"aadmora" wrote:

How do I fix the problem of not being able to scroll with a mouse in a
worksheet?

That did it for me. It was scrolling fine even in other sheets of the same workbook. I guess I had a large area locked. Unfreezing Panes worked great (behavior back to normal). Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Tuesday, December 2, 2008 at 5:10:03 PM UTC-6, aadmora wrote:
How do I fix the problem of not being able to scroll with a mouse in a
worksheet?

Here's what worked for me:

I saved everything and closed the file, then I reopened it.

I did *NOT* have any panes frozen.
BUT, I went up under "View" and clicked "Unfreeze Panes" anyway -
(I know, I know, I know - but I didn't have any frozen, either)

And, in my case, it worked.

So.

Good luck!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Tuesday, December 2, 2008 at 3:10:03 PM UTC-8, aadmora wrote:
How do I fix the problem of not being able to scroll with a mouse in a
worksheet?

if you ahve a split screen or a frozen screen take it off. I did that and it fixed it for me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Tuesday, December 2, 2008 at 6:10:03 PM UTC-5, aadmora wrote:
How do I fix the problem of not being able to scroll with a mouse in a
worksheet?

(Win 8.1, Office 2010)

In my case I was not able to scroll vertically through a tab but it was working fine horizontally.
Vertical scroll was however working fine on different sheets of the same file. None of them had frozen panes.

I tried for some time to make that specific sheet to work normally but nothing would help in the mouse settings. Since I wasn't able to fix it I just created a new sheet, copy/pasted the whole broken sheet into the newly created and I was able to scroll again.

It would have saved me a good hour if I had started with that so I hope this will be useful to some people!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Tuesday, December 2, 2008 at 6:10:03 PM UTC-5, aadmora wrote:
How do I fix the problem of not being able to scroll with a mouse in
a worksheet?

(Win 8.1, Office 2010)

In my case I was not able to scroll vertically through a tab but it
was working fine horizontally. Vertical scroll was however working
fine on different sheets of the same file. None of them had frozen
panes.

I tried for some time to make that specific sheet to work normally
but nothing would help in the mouse settings. Since I wasn't able to
fix it I just created a new sheet, copy/pasted the whole broken sheet
into the newly created and I was able to scroll again.

It would have saved me a good hour if I had started with that so I
hope this will be useful to some people!

You could also check the 'ScrollArea' property to see that it's not
limiting how many rows can be scrolled!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!