Default Lions Club Project Help Needed - Excel problem

I hope I have the right group for this question.

I am Radio Auction Chairman in the Rayne Lions Club in Louisiana and I
am working with Excel to enter all the items for our Live Radio
Auction.

I have entered all auction items in Excel and now I want to copy &
paste
the information into a word document. When I copy & insert the column,
it also paste the cells. I need just the information for the
newspapers.

Can I just copy & paste just into information into a word file
without the cells?

Also, if I have listed the items from top to bottom in a column, is
there any way to flip the info fron top-bottom to left-right
across the top.

I know Excel is a powerful program and I work with it on a limited
basis.

Thanks for any and all help.
Tony

Jason Morin

Copy the data and when in Word, go to Edit Paste
Special and choose "Unformatted text".

To flip the column in Excel, copy the range, select a new
cell, and go to Edit Paste Special Transpose

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

[...]

.

Rowan

Tony

Copy the information from Excel and then in Word click on Edit PastSpecial
and then select Unformatted Text.

In answer to the second question you can "flip" data in Excel using the
following steps. Select the range you want to Copy eg A1:A10. Click Edit
Copy. Select the cell you want the new range to start in eg B1. Click on Edit
PasteSpecial. Then click in the Transpost checkbox and click OK.

Hope this helps
Rowan

" wrote:

[...]

Biff

Hi!

"Flip" your data while it's still in Excel.

If the data is in the range A1:A10:

Select the range A2:A10.
EditCopy
Select cell B1
EditPaste SpecialTransposeOK

Then you can delete A2:A10

Now to paste that into a Word document:

Select the range A1:J1
EditCopy
Open your Word document
EditPaste SpecialUnformatted Unicode TextOK

Biff

[...]

Kassie

To paste from Excel into Word, do the following:
In Excel, select the range you want to copy, say A1:E20
Press <Ctrl<C
Go to Word
Click on Edit|Paste Special, then on the list of possible paste options,
scroll down to Unformatted text, and press Enter. Your text will be pasted
as tab delibited text. In Word, you can then again convert this to tables if
you want.

To transpose from top-to-bottom to left-to-right, select the range you want
to transpose, say A1:A20. Press <Ctrl<C, move to cell B1, click on
Edit|Paste Special, and when yoiu get to the options, tick Transpose, almost
right at the bottom of the form. Press Enter, or click on OK

" wrote:

[...]

redbelly

Tony,

When you are ready to paste the items into Word, instead do the
following:

Click the "Edit" menu at the top of the window.
Click on "Paste Special" (not the same as "Paste").
Choose "Unformatted Text" from the list of options.

That will give you just the text, without the cell outlines.

Mark

AlfD

Hi!

Try copying and pasting the info as a picture.

Select the text you want to copy : press Shift and at the same time
click Edit.
Choose Copy as picture. Go to Word: ctrl +V to paste it in. You Can
size the picture to suit.

On your second point: select the column of data: copy it.
Now go to an empty cell outside your data area (eg b1 if your data is
in column A) . Edit Paste Special check the box which says Transpose.
OK.

Alf

Dave O

Hi, Tony-
The conversion from "top-to-bottom" to "left-to-right" is called
Transpose in Excel. Copy the range of data, right-click, choose Paste
Special, and check the Transpose box.

Here's one way to paste *just* the data, without the gridlines and
formatting provided by Excel. Copy the data from Excel, but add an
extra step: open Notepad, and paste there. That will remove all the
Excel overhead. Then copy the data again, this time from Notepad, and
paste into Word.

Good luck with the auction!

Dave O

Thanks