Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Opening Workbook at Certain Place

I'd like to open a workbook to a certain place each time it's opened. I won't
be the one using it - I'm just the one designing it and I know that the
person using it won't close the workbook with the active cell on the first
page of the workbook.

Is there way or a macro that will automatically open the workbook with the
active cell in A1 on the first page??

I'd appreciate any help you have to offer! Thanks!

Elise
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Maybe this.........

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("sheet1").Select
Range("A1").Select
End Sub

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Elise148" wrote:

I'd like to open a workbook to a certain place each time it's opened. I won't
be the one using it - I'm just the one designing it and I know that the
person using it won't close the workbook with the active cell on the first
page of the workbook.

Is there way or a macro that will automatically open the workbook with the
active cell in A1 on the first page??

I'd appreciate any help you have to offer! Thanks!

Elise

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

The following will activate the sheet you want and leave A1 selected at top left
of sheet. Edit "Mysheet" to your sheetname.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("Mysheet").Activate
Application.Goto Reference:=Range("A1"), Scroll:=True
End Sub

With your workbook open, right-click on the Excel logo left of "File" if your
window is maximized or on the title bar Excel logo if not maximized.

Select "View Code" and Thisworkbook module will open.

Paste the code into that module

Close that window. Save your workbook and close it.

Each time you open it, it will open to the worksheet you have named no matter
where you were when you last saved/closed.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP