Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default AUTO COMPLETE NUMBERS

Is there a way to auto complete a number just like words are auto completed?
I use a column called ( ACCT # ) and i use alot of different number over and
over. It would be easier to have it auto complete just like my ( VENDOR )
column does when I use the same vendor over and over.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Only works with text. Does not even work with a string of digits proceeded
with an apostrophe (that's how to make a digit string behave as text)
Can you preface you account numbers with a letter? As in A123, then it
works.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Michele" wrote in message
Is there a way to auto complete a number just like words are auto
completed?
I use a column called ( ACCT # ) and i use alot of different number over
and
over. It would be easier to have it auto complete just like my ( VENDOR )
column does when I use the same vendor over and over.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tell you'r department head to use a prefix of A while entering the data. Then
when the data entry is finished, it's just:

Select the range
edit|replace
what: A
with: (leave blank)
replace all

If you use an apostrophe, then this technique won't work.

"Michele" wrote in message
Is there a way to auto complete a number just like words are auto
completed?
I use a column called ( ACCT # ) and i use alot of different number over
and
over. It would be easier to have it auto complete just like my ( VENDOR )
column does when I use the same vendor over and over.

--

Dave Peterson