Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Hiding zero values

I have a chart with data in Columns C and E. I want the columns to zero out when subtracted (ex:=E2-C2). My issue is I only want zeros in the answer column G to display in the rows with data, not in the rest of the column where I put the formula. Is that possible? Any ideas would be helpful. I can't hide zero values becuase then nothing in the column would display at all. I tried an If Statement but I get a circular reasoning error. HELP!

A C# WaveOut API Player - Recorder Library
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...i-player-.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Can you please give some examples to clarify your question
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"William von Zangenberg" wrote in message
I have a chart with data in Columns C and E. I want the columns to zero
out when subtracted (ex:=E2-C2). My issue is I only want zeros in the
answer column G to display in the rows with data, not in the rest of the
column where I put the formula. Is that possible? Any ideas would be
helpful. I can't hide zero values becuase then nothing in the column would
display at all. I tried an If Statement but I get a circular reasoning
error. HELP!

A C# WaveOut API Player - Recorder Library
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...i-player-.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Are you suggesting that if 0 appears because there are values in E2 and C2
which are equal you want them to display. If on the other hand E2 and C2
were blank (or both 0?) you want the 0 not to display?

IF blanks then:
=IF(AND(C2="",E2=""),"",E2-C2)
IF zero values in both cells then:
=IF(AND(C2=0,E2=0,LEN(C2)0,LEN(E2)0),"",C2-E2)
or you can combine the two.

Of course, like Benard said, a little more info would help.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

.