jake

Default Hiding repeated values

I have a spreadsheet set up to track the outcome of various spread bet
position. The profit/loss of each individual position is in column I, and in
Column H I have a running total profit/loss using the formula =SUM(H4,I3)etc.
My problem is that the formula extends to the bottom of the page, which I
haven't filled up with positions yet, and so once it gets past the point
where the individual totals run out, the same value repeats ad infinitum. Is
there any way I can stop this, or at least hide the repeating values? I have
managed this in my running average column using
=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(J6,K5)),"",AVERAGE(J6,K5)) but this obviously only works
because an average involving a zero or empty value returns an error, whereas
the sum command simply adds zero to the total. I apologise if this seems a
long winded way of explaining a simple problem, but its more complex than it
looks when you think about it for as long as I have.

Any help greatly appreciated

Jake