Teri

Default Hiding 0 values in line charts

I have two columns, one is 2004 Weekly Sales Revenue and one is 2005 Weekly
Sales Revenue. Obviously, 2004 has data for all 52 weeks. 2005 only has
data for the weeks-to-date. How can I chart this data on a line graph--
showing comparison between the two years--and not chart the zero values?

Thanks!
Bernard Liengme

1) Fill empty cell with =NA(), OR
2) Click on chart to activate; use Tools|Options-Chart and specify how
empty cell are to be treated, OR
c) Use dynamic chart: see the Excel Tips & Tricks page on my website
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Teri" wrote in message
I have two columns, one is 2004 Weekly Sales Revenue and one is 2005 Weekly
Sales Revenue. Obviously, 2004 has data for all 52 weeks. 2005 only has
data for the weeks-to-date. How can I chart this data on a line graph--
showing comparison between the two years--and not chart the zero values?

Thanks!

Slippery_one

"Bernard Liengme" wrote in message
1) Fill empty cell with =NA(), OR
2) Click on chart to activate; use Tools|Options-Chart and specify
how empty cell are to be treated, OR
c) Use dynamic chart: see the Excel Tips & Tricks page on my website
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme

Hello Bernard. My case seems to be a little different but related
maybe. I have a simple chart that tracks thermistor readings at known
temperatures: x axis = temperature (24 - 60 deg. F) and y axis = K
Ohms. I put my resistance reading in the cell that corresponds to my
temperature at the time. My problem is that I want my line chart to
show cells 22 - 62 and not include cells 1 - 21. Not sure how to do
this. Can you nudge me in the right direction please?

Bernard Liengme

If I understand the question correctly, all you need do is change the source
for the chart.
Click on chart; look at the coloured 'range finder' lines around the cells
that are use to make the chart; drag the top of these down to the first cell
to be used.
Send me the file (my email not the group) if you are unsuccessful
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme