mw55309

Default Missing values in Excel Line Chart

Hi
How do I handle missing values in an Excel chart properly? As an example,
if we have values for series A which are 3,4,missing,6 and series B which are
4,missing,6,7 and I want to draw a line graph for these two. For series A
there should be a continuous line through points 3,4 and 6 and for series B
there should be a continuous line through points 4,6 and 7. Excel does not
do this - it either draws a broken line, or sets the missing values to zero.
But the values are not zero, nor are they missing - I simply did not take
measurements on those days.

Help?
Andy Pope

If the cells are truly empty the select the chart and then use the menus
Tools Options. Select the Chart tab of the dialog.
There is an option to "Plot empty cells as:", you need the Interpolated
option.

If the cells contain formula then use NA() when there is no data to be
displayed.

Cheers
Andy

--