Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Customized Toolbar Macro Buttons

In Excel 2003 I created numerous Macros for repeated functions that aren't
available from MS. I then created (designed) my own Toolbar buttons to easily
run these Macros. Why isn't that "Copy Image" "Paste Image" and "Edit Image"
function still available for Modifying Toolbars?

Once again MS thinks it knows better!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

It sounds like you are using Excel 2007. Copy and paste image are available
via macros. To do a custom face, Copy the image into Excel. It can be any
size. Then copy it and do a PasteFace to put the image on the button.

I suspect the reason the features disappeared is that it gave the users a
lot of freedom to customize Excel. And that resulted in support calls to
Microsoft, which in turn cost them money. No feature, no support calls,
more profit......

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
http://www.add-ins.com

"MSThinksItKnowsBetter"
wrote in message ...
In Excel 2003 I created numerous Macros for repeated functions that aren't
available from MS. I then created (designed) my own Toolbar buttons to
easily
run these Macros. Why isn't that "Copy Image" "Paste Image" and "Edit
Image"
function still available for Modifying Toolbars?

Once again MS thinks it knows better!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I'm not finding PasteFace anywhere. I did a search for more information and
came up with nothing, both in Help and in this forum. What I'm trying to do
is copy the custom toolbar buttons I made for my custom macros in Excel 2003
to Excel 2007.

wrote in message ...
In Excel 2003 I created numerous Macros for repeated functions that aren't
available from MS. I then created (designed) my own Toolbar buttons to
easily
run these Macros. Why isn't that "Copy Image" "Paste Image" and "Edit
Image"
function still available for Modifying Toolbars?

Once again MS thinks it knows better!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

cbTable.Shapes(shapename).Copy*Picture
cbCtl.PasteFace

where cbTable is the codename of the sheet containing the picture, shapename
is the name of the shape, such as 'Picture 30', and cbCtl is an object
variable for the control being added.

--
---
HTH

Bob

wrote in message
In Excel 2003 I created numerous Macros for repeated functions that
aren't
available from MS. I then created (designed) my own Toolbar buttons to
easily
run these Macros. Why isn't that "Copy Image" "Paste Image" and "Edit
Image"
function still available for Modifying Toolbars?

Once again MS thinks it knows better!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

See also
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"MSThinksItKnowsBetter" wrote in message
In Excel 2003 I created numerous Macros for repeated functions that aren't
available from MS. I then created (designed) my own Toolbar buttons to easily
run these Macros. Why isn't that "Copy Image" "Paste Image" and "Edit Image"
function still available for Modifying Toolbars?

Once again MS thinks it knows better!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Maybe useful also
http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm

Sorry not your own icons

--

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message ...
See also
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"MSThinksItKnowsBetter" wrote in message
In Excel 2003 I created numerous Macros for repeated functions that aren't
available from MS. I then created (designed) my own Toolbar buttons to easily
run these Macros. Why isn't that "Copy Image" "Paste Image" and "Edit Image"
function still available for Modifying Toolbars?

Once again MS thinks it knows better!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Would you mind backing up a few steps? I've never done anything like this
before, so I need to be walked through step-by-step. Where would I do this?
Are there more steps that would be obvious to someone who's more experienced?

Thanks.

cbTable.Shapes(shapename).CopyÂ*Picture

wrote in message
In Excel 2003 I created numerous Macros for repeated functions that
aren't
available from MS. I then created (designed) my own Toolbar buttons to
easily
run these Macros. Why isn't that "Copy Image" "Paste Image" and "Edit
Image"
function still available for Modifying Toolbars?

Once again MS thinks it knows better!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

So what you're saying when you say "Sorry not your own icons" is that
MICROSOFT THINKS IT KNOWS BETTER - what we their customer want...Right?

MS Giveth (Excel 2003); MS Taketh Away (Excel 2007)

Another reason NOT TO UPGRADE!

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Maybe useful also
http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm

Sorry not your own icons

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message ...
See also
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"MSThinksItKnowsBetter" wrote in message
In Excel 2003 I created numerous Macros for repeated functions that aren't
available from MS. I then created (designed) my own Toolbar buttons to easily
run these Macros. Why isn't that "Copy Image" "Paste Image" and "Edit Image"
function still available for Modifying Toolbars?

Once again MS thinks it knows better!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

If you make your own Ribbon it is possible to use your own icons
See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm