TD

Default How can I save a customized Standard toolbar?

Please help!

Every time I customize and add command button to excel 'standard toolbar',
it goes back to the default buttons when I open excel later. However, in the
'formatting toolbar' all the customized buttons get saved, so when I open
excel later, I have the customized 'formatting toolbar'.

How can I customize 'standard toolbar' and save so that I will not loose the
added command buttons when I open excel later?
Thanks in advance. TD

Tom Ogilvy

This is very atypical behavior.

with excel closed I would go to the windows start menu and go to Run. Enter

Excel.exe /s

then OK

this starts Excel in safe mode. If your changes are there, then you have
found the culprit. If not, then make changes and close excel. Now repeat
the opening process. If changes are there, then again, you have found the
culprit. The culprite would be one of your addins or a file in the xlstart
directory/folder. One of them contains code that resets the main toolbar.

Tom Ogilvy