Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Mike Sound

Default again: number a list

Hello there!
I found a thread "number a list" (June 2nd.2006):
I have an excel ss of book and video titles. I would like to make one
column
the number corresponding to each title. Just a simple scheme like 1, 2, 3,
4, 5, etc...
How would I tell excel to put sequential numbers in a column?

The problem was solved easy.

But what can I do when I have empty rows? I entered free rows for better
looking print result, unfortunately BEFORE fillseries.
Is there a formula, something like IF B10 fill A1?

Thanks for help!

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Paul B

Mike, have a look here and see if this will do what you want,

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip035.htm

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Mike Sound" wrote in message
Hello there!
I found a thread "number a list" (June 2nd.2006):
I have an excel ss of book and video titles. I would like to make one
column
the number corresponding to each title. Just a simple scheme like 1, 2,

3,
4, 5, etc...
How would I tell excel to put sequential numbers in a column?

The problem was solved easy.

But what can I do when I have empty rows? I entered free rows for better
looking print result, unfortunately BEFORE fillseries.
Is there a formula, something like IF B10 fill A1?

Thanks for help!

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR

You could delete the blank rows, then do the fill on the number column, then
re-insert the blank rows. ASAP Utilities has features to expedite these

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben

I would delete the blank rows and just make the data rows double-height for the
"better print result"

Then go with the fill series to generate the numbered rows.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

You could delete the blank rows, then do the fill on the number column, then
re-insert the blank rows. ASAP Utilities has features to expedite these

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Mike Sound

"Paul B" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Mike, have a look here and see if this will do what you want,

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip035.htm

Yes, Paul, that's exacly what I need! But poor Mikey is too stupid to
translate the formula for the german Excel 2002. I tried a lot with ZÄHLE
(for COUNT), but it will take time to get it fixed and working.
The other tips were also good, but I am a little obstinate and a formula is
more elegant.
Thanks all!

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Paul B

Mike, hope it works out for you, I can't help with the German

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003