Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
judoist

Default Select every 10th number in a list

I have a long list of numbers in column A. I'd like to select every 10th
number down the list. ie the 10th number, 20th, 30th etc

I'm using the formula... =INDEX(A:A,ROW()*20) which just produces a row
of zeros.

Any ideas?

--
judoist
judoist's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10595

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andrew Taylor

If you're copying the formula along a row, you need to make the
reference to Column A absolute:
=INDEX($A:$A,ROW()*10)
(I also changed 20 to 10 in the formula).

Andrew Taylor

judoist wrote:
I have a long list of numbers in column A. I'd like to select every 10th
number down the list. ie the 10th number, 20th, 30th etc

I'm using the formula... =INDEX(A:A,ROW()*20) which just produces a row
of zeros.

Any ideas?

--
judoist
judoist's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10595
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=487929

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BenjieLop

judoist Wrote:
I have a long list of numbers in column A. I'd like to select every 10th
number down the list. ie the 10th number, 20th, 30th etc

I'm using the formula... =INDEX(A:A,ROW()*20) which just produces a row
of zeros.

Any ideas?

Try this formula :

*=index($A:$A,(row()-1)*10+10)*

and copy down until your range requirement is satisfied.

Regards.

--
BenjieLop

BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11019