Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben

Default again: number a list

I would delete the blank rows and just make the data rows double-height for the
"better print result"

Then go with the fill series to generate the numbered rows.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

You could delete the blank rows, then do the fill on the number column, then
re-insert the blank rows. ASAP Utilities has features to expedite these
actions. Available free at www.asap-utilities.com

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Mike Sound" wrote in message
Hello there!
I found a thread "number a list" (June 2nd.2006):
I have an excel ss of book and video titles. I would like to make one
column
the number corresponding to each title. Just a simple scheme like 1, 2,

3,
4, 5, etc...
How would I tell excel to put sequential numbers in a column?

The problem was solved easy.

But what can I do when I have empty rows? I entered free rows for better
looking print result, unfortunately BEFORE fillseries.
Is there a formula, something like IF B10 fill A1?

Thanks for help!

Mike