Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Pete

Default Sales Lead summary

Hi

I work for a company wholesale manufactures a product in high demand. We
don't sell to the end user.

We get a number of "Mum & Dad" sales leads that come in via our website &
yellow pages adverts that we want to forward onto our agents for them to
followup.

I have a spreadsheet with all our agents contact details listed.

I want to be able to run a sales lead summary that lists by agent, the
contact details of all the leads for a date range e.g. 1st April 2006 until
22nd May 2006.

Ideally, I would type into a form:

1. the agents name & a date range, hit enter & have the sales leads come up
in an excel spreadsheet.

2. Date range & have the total number of leads for that period come up in an
excel spreadsheet.

Is this doable in Excel or am I better off using Access?

How would you go about this?

TIA

Pete
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David McRitchie

additional information: (search based on: excel filter sub programming)
Excel Filters -- AutoFilter Programming
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html

XL: How to Control the AutoFilter with a Macro
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=141770
(defective HTML coding must be viewed in IE)

An advanced filter to extract records in Excel
http://www.meadinkent.co.uk/xlfilter.htm

All are programming solutions, if not familiar with macros see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#havemacro
---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Ardus Petus" wrote ..
Consider using an Autofilter with an optinal Userform for easy data entry
That will require simple VBA code (macro)

"Pete" ...