Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DrSues02

Default Entering New Weekly Data causes Summary Page to Update..How?

Here is the situation:

I have three sheets in my excel file. Summary, Company A, and Company
B.

Each week, I need to add the sales figures for Company A and Company B
on their respective sheets. The sheets would be set up with Week 1 in
Column A and Sales # in Column B. When a new week arrives, I enter the
new sales figures under Week 2.

The summary page lists Company A and Company B and their respective
sales figures with a total at the bottom.

I would like the Summary page to automatically display the Sales
Figures for the last week that I have entered directly on each
Company's page.

For example,

Company A
Week 1
11,000

This would be displayed on the company's sheet and also on the Summary
sheet.

When I add the Week 2 sales figure under this on the company's sheet, I
want the Summary page to display this updated total instead.

Any ideas?

DrSues02

--
DrSues02
DrSues02's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=12569

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DrSues02

No ideas? It seems like this wouldn't be too hard to implement I just
don't know how to do it.

--
DrSues02
DrSues02's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=12569
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=530708

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Teodomiro

If I understand the problem correctly, in addition to any other
summations on the Summary sheet, you want the most recent week's sales
listed.

Here's the solution I came up with. It is clumsier than I like;
hopefully someone will be along to clean it up.

In the Company A sheet, we have something like this:

Sales
Week 1 11000
Week 2 15000
Week 3 22000

In the Summary sheet, I put "Week 3" in cell A1, and in cell A2 put the
following formula:

=SUMPRODUCT(('Company A'!A2:A100='Summary'!A1)*('Company A'!B2:B100))

It is clunky, in that you have to manually enter "Week 3", or whatever
week, in cell A1 to get the result. Hopefully, though, this will get
us started toward a solution.

--
Teodomiro

Teodomiro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33140