Old July 31st 05, 07:43 PM
ElNino

So, have ya given up on me? I still need help on this.... anyone???

--
ElNino
ElNino's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25725

Old July 31st 05, 07:59 PM
malik641

Sorry ElNino...haven't checked this forum in a day or 2

Here ya go!

|Filename: Example.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3662 |

malik641

malik641's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24190
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=391062

Old July 31st 05, 11:47 PM
David McRitchie

For your information, and I should have noticed it was going to be a zip file

Invalid Attachment specified. I

"malik641" wrote
Sorry ElNino...haven't checked this forum in a day or 2

Old August 1st 05, 12:20 PM
malik641

huh......
I thought zip files were valid file extensions????

maybe I'll try this again. If it doesn't work I'm sorry and you can PM
me with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

|Filename: Example.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3664 |

Old August 1st 05, 01:45 PM
David McRitchie

The newsgroups are strictly text, so have no idea what Excel Forum
actually does, as long as attachments stay at Excel Forum they
don't cause a problem with newsgroups. Didn't you get an error
when you clicked on it.

Old August 2nd 05, 03:26 AM
malik641

No, no error...

I'm not joined to any news groups either.....so I guess you have to be
a registered user to view it????

Where would I find an Excel newsgroup??

Old August 2nd 05, 05:28 AM
David McRitchie

You are posting from ExcelForum so I presume you joined that.

If you are not behind a firewall, the best way to view the newsgroup
is via Outlook Express, almost a necessity if you are on dial-up.
If you use Outlook Express for your email, then you can use it
for your newsgroups as well.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlnews.htm
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/ie/oe6.htm

---
HTH,

Old August 2nd 05, 02:50 PM
ElNino

I was able to download both files just fine.

Thanks for your help malik! The info on VB and the macros were very
helpful, but I really don't know how to apply it to what I'm trying to
accomplish. Is there someone out there that could possibly give me a
step-by-step process on how to do this?

Old August 2nd 05, 07:52 PM
David McRitchie

To install the macros once unzipped see

This thread illustrates one of the problems of not using a newsreader
to read and post messages, you replied to Malik, but your
message was threaded as if a reply to mine because mine was
the last reply in the thread. See the threaded view in Google,
and it is a threaded view of postings that people using a newsreader
would see, if not hiding postings they had read, and in any case
their replies would be threaded directly under (indented) to the post they
replied to..
http://google.com/groups?threadm=ElN...rum-nospam.com

Note Google Groups is set apart from Google Web search with many
of the reposting websites, a web search is forced to have go through
both in fact probably several instances of postings in newsgroups.

You get new stuff, hints of what to look for in newsgroups, but you
normally get (used to anyway) a more organized structure of

---
HTH,

Old August 2nd 05, 09:32 PM
ElNino

Thanks David, that info was pretty helpful to me in understanding macros
and their usage, but what I am looking for is a more personalized guide
on how I can take the 2 spreadsheets I have (one from my vendor, and
another from my site) and insert certain data from the vendor's
spreadsheet into the one from my site, then run the macro to update the
prices.