ElNino

Default Need help making a spreadsheet for my business.

Hello,

I am new to Excel. I am starting a business online, and I am using osCommerce to run my online shop. I have installed a contribution for osCommerce called "Easy Populate", and I am in need of help. Easy populate exports a tab-delimited text file with the info in my store's database regarding my products, and my vendor provides me with a daily ..csv file with all of the data relating to their products. Once I have these two files, I am supposed to merge them both into a single tab-delimited text file (using Easy Populate's structure) to import into my store's database.

I have 2 questions that I need help with:

1) How do I merge these 2 files into a single file? The rules of the resulting file should be as follows... The products whose model number already exists in the Easy Populate file should only have their prices updated, and the products whose model number does not exist in the Easy Populate file should be added either at the top or at the bottom of the resulting file because they will need to be manually edited to include the missing info that is not provided by the vendor's .csv file, and will need to be easily identified so that the import will not give errors due to missing data.

2) The resulting file should have a formula applied to it so that the prices from the vendor's .csv file are adjusted according to the following table:

Price ----------------- Mark Up

I am totally clueless on even where to start on this, and am in need of dire help! Someone please give me some pointers on how to do it.

--
ElNino