News Account

Default Blank or Zero in cell required

A B C
1 1 10 10
2 2 12 22
3 3 15 37
4 4 0 37
5 5 0 37
6 6 0 37

Hi

I hope I can explain this sufficiently well. Column A is week numbers
(1-52), column B is points gained that week, column C is the cumulative
total of points. So far so good...the problem is I would like the remaining
cells in column C to be blank or contain a zero until that week is in play.
However, when I copy the formula down the value from the last week populates
the remaining weeks. Below if the formula I'm using, this would be in C3. I
realise if I get rid of the +C2 bit it would work but then we don't have a
running total of points gained.

=SUMIF(E35,"=0",E35)+C2

Best wishes

Anne Troy

Try this:

=if(e35=0,e35+c2,"")
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"News Account" wrote in message
[...]

News Account

[...]

Hi - thanks, but =if(e35=0,e35+c2,"") produces the same result :-(

SVC

I will assume that column E is for weekly points which start at E35 and
column C is for total points. Except for week 1 (cell C1), where the formula
would be =E35, beginning in C2 try =if(E36=0,"",C1+E36). The copy down.

"News Account" wrote:

[...]

jannwebb

Why multiply? I got this from a template on this site:
=IF(AND(ISBLANK(F6),ISBLANK(G6)),"",H5-F6+G6)
It is for a check register, but the same would apply. Now someone explain to
me what it says.
--
jann