Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Don Don is offline

Default Drop down lists

I am new to using drop down lists. I have created a spread sheet that I use
for construction disbursing. I want to have page that lists all of my
vendors (Vendors) and the work they provide. I named column A which is all
of my vendors names as Vendors. I went to my payment request page (PR) and
in column A I utilized the data validation command and was able to get the
information to link. I would like to go one step farther and have
information from the Vendors page column B transfer to column G on my PR
page. I need to make sure that when the vendor name transfers it also
transfers the type of work they complete. Also is there a way that when I
start to type my vendor on the PR page that it will select the correct vendor
based on the few characters that I type or will I need to select it from the
list?

New User to drop downs. Thanks

--
Don Disbursing
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Don Don is offline

OssieMac,

Thank you for the response. I did what you said but with me being new to
the drop down function. I used data validation to create the list that i
needed and to tranfer to my work sheet. I don't know if I need to create a
formula to complete what I want. Or maybe it can't be done? I will try to
explain what I want - On my data source page in column A I have the name of
the vendor and in B the type of service they provide. On my target work
sheet in column A is where the information from my drop down list is
transferred. I would like the information in column B from my source
transfer to column G on my target. Right now on my source I only have column
A as my source. Maybe I need to include both A & B as my source then go to
my target work sheet and create a formula that will transfer corresponding
data to A & G. I appreciate any help or direction that you can give.

Thanks

--
Don Disbursing

"OssieMac" wrote:

Go to the site and in the top right corner of the web page there is a search
box for the site. Type in drop downs and click search then view the myriad of
options returned.

OssieMac

"Don" wrote:

Don
I went to the website below but I did not know how to access your response?

Thanks

--
Don Disbursing

"Don Guillett" wrote:

http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Don" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You could use a VLookup formula to check your vendor list, find the
vendor you selected, and return the type of service.

There's an example here, based on an order form:

http://www.contextures.com/xlOrderForm01.html

In the example, you select a product and its price is returned.

Don wrote:
[...]

Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
www.contextures.com/tiptech.html