Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Drop down lists

http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Don" wrote in message
I am new to using drop down lists. I have created a spread sheet that I
use
for construction disbursing. I want to have page that lists all of my
vendors (Vendors) and the work they provide. I named column A which is
all
of my vendors names as Vendors. I went to my payment request page (PR)
and
in column A I utilized the data validation command and was able to get the
information to link. I would like to go one step farther and have
information from the Vendors page column B transfer to column G on my PR
page. I need to make sure that when the vendor name transfers it also
transfers the type of work they complete. Also is there a way that when I
start to type my vendor on the PR page that it will select the correct
vendor
based on the few characters that I type or will I need to select it from
the
list?

New User to drop downs. Thanks

--