Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do I use one drop-list to modify another drop-lists options?

What I want to do is use a drop-list with three(3) options. Based on the
option picked from the first drop-list, the other drop-lists will only
display the data relevant to the selected option. This way in the subsequent
drop-lists will only display the correct information. For example.

Main drop-list has three options: 1. Mild Steel, 2. Stainless Steel, 3.
Aluminum

Second drop-list will only have the thicknesses for Mild
Third will only have thicknesses for Stainless and so on.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're describing Dependent Lists....See Debra Dalgleish's coverage of the
topic for instructions:

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

(XL2003, Win XP)

"
m wrote in message
What I want to do is use a drop-list with three(3) options. Based on the
option picked from the first drop-list, the other drop-lists will only
display the data relevant to the selected option. This way in the
subsequent
drop-lists will only display the correct information. For example.

Main drop-list has three options: 1. Mild Steel, 2. Stainless Steel, 3.
Aluminum

Second drop-list will only have the thicknesses for Mild
Third will only have thicknesses for Stainless and so on.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JB JB is offline

Cascad List With Data/Valid/List.
Items may be add in Lines and Columns wihtout modification.

http://cjoint.com/?jjsSmjVC2x

Mild Steel Stainless Steel Aluminum
1 4 6
4 6 7
8 8 9
10 14
12
15

Named ranges:
choix1:=Offset($F$1,,,,CountA($F$1:$Z$1))
choix2:=$F:$F

1ere liste in B2: Data/Valid/List:
=Choix1

2eme liste in C2: Datat/Valid/List:

=Offset(choice2,1,Match(B2,Choice1,0)-1,CountA(Offset(choice2,,Match(B2,Choice1,0)-1))-1)

JB
http://boisgontierjacques.free.fr