Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Difference in dates

Using Excel 2007, I would like to see the difference between 2 dates.
1 column is formatted as: month/yr.
I would like to use the (now or today) command in the second column.
When I open up the spreadsheet, I want the difference between the 2 columns
to reflect today's date.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Charles,

Assuming the first date is written in Cell A1, then Write inside cell B1 the
following formula:
=Today()-A1

if the formula's result is showing as a date, then format that cell as a
number.

------
http://www.free-training-tutorial.com

"Charles Eaves" wrote:

Using Excel 2007, I would like to see the difference between 2 dates.
1 column is formatted as: month/yr.
I would like to use the (now or today) command in the second column.
When I open up the spreadsheet, I want the difference between the 2 columns
to reflect today's date.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

That works fine but how do show the result as: month/yr.
I tried what you suggested and I get a number of days (8) for the result.
I think I used April 29,2009: formatted as 4/09.
I right clicked on the (=Today()-A1) cell and tied to format for m/yr but no
luck.
Thanks

"Charles Eaves" wrote:

Using Excel 2007, I would like to see the difference between 2 dates.
1 column is formatted as: month/yr.
I would like to use the (now or today) command in the second column.
When I open up the spreadsheet, I want the difference between the 2
columns
to reflect today's date.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Charles
Try Custom Format: yy "years"" mm "months" dd "days"
or Custom Format: mm"/"yy